What learning resources are included?
Expert-led Video Courses
Our courses are video-based, expert instructor-led E-Learning, set in an advanced self-study format with
enhanced user controls which offer a much better learning experience compared to traditional classroom
Unlike classroom-based training, you can play, pause, forward, rewind and repeat courses and learn at your
own pace – anytime, anywhere.
Also included in the videos are demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their
skills, based on real-world scenarios.
Our courses combine proven learning methodologies with the latest technology, ensuring that you have the
tools you need to succeed and that you get the most value from your IT training investment.
Each course includes quizzes that measure your skills growth as you progress through your course as well as
assess your readiness before you take the official certification exam. This allows you to gain confidence in
preparation for the exam and helps ensure that you pass the exam the first time around.
Flash Cards & Educational Games
Students learn in different ways using different learning tools. That is why, in addition to the course
videos and quizzes, we provide Flash Cards and Education Games for our courses. This will allow you to train
in ways that keep you engaged and focused. Each course has dozens of Flash Cards so you can sharpen your
skill-sets throughout your training as well as educational games designed to ensure optimized retention
levels of the material.
Navigation & Controls
Our self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion that allows you the flexibility to work
with expert level instruction anytime, anywhere. All courses are arranged in defined sections with
navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training.
Each course contains a discussion-board section where students can engage with one another. Ask questions,
get advice and join in-group conversations as it relates to the particular course.
For how long will I be able to access the course?
The standard subscription period is one year. This can sometimes be longer, depending on if you have purchased courses on a promotion that specifically provides a longer access period.
If the access period is longer than one year, it will be indicated in the promotion.
Who presents the courses?
We only use the industry’s finest instructors. They have a minimum of 15 years’ experience, are subject
matter experts in their fields and hold all the qualifications that are relevant to the particular
Our instructors not only prepare you for your exams but also provides practical examples and scenarios based
on real-world experience.
What Are The Requirements?
All our courses require an acumen for information technology, basic knowledge of computers, and experience
in working with Microsoft Windows and internet browsers. All courses are presented in English and a good
knowledge and understanding of English is essential.
In addition, each individual certification program has its own academic requirements. The prerequisite
knowledge and experience required for each certification is available on the website of the respective
certification vendor (CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco etc.). It is of paramount importance that you ensure that
you meet all the requirements (as set-out on the certification vendor’s website) before you enroll in a
- A laptop or desktop computer with Microsoft Windows
- An internet browser (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox) that is up to date
- High-speed/broadband internet access
- Speakers or earphones
Can I view a course before I buy?
Yes. If you would like to view a demo of the course, please contact us and we will arrange an access to a
demo for you.
What if I am not happy with the course I have purchased?
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, we will give you your money back – no hassle and
no questions asked. Our refund policy is valid for 10 days from the date of your purchase and applies to all
course purchases. To request a refund, simply contact us and we will process your refund within 24
What else do I need to know?
- This is an online course - classroom training is not included.
- You will only receive a qualification – from the relevant vendor - once you have passed the official
international certification exam(s).
- For detailed information on specific exam requirements, prerequisites, costs and other information,
please visit the respective certification vendor’s website (CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco etc.).
- International certification centres – Prometric, VUE, CertiPort and others - depending on the particular
vendor and certification, administer the official exams.
- The cost of exams are not included in the course fees.
- This course does not include Live Labs. Live Labs are available as stand-alone programs and in our
CertKit’s where courses and labs are combined as bundles.
Why get certified?
Get a Job
Certification holds significant benefits for organizations – increasing your chances to gain employment and
securing a career towards success.
- Teams are trained to consistent skills levels.
- Certification provides a recognised benchmark of skills that can be aligned to organisational skills
- Certificated people are typically more productive and work to consistent standards. A recent survey by
Novell found that certification can reduce downtime, because staff members have the skills needed to
cope with issues as they arise - and that certified people made more use of a product's advanced
features and could deploy new products with greater ease.
- More reliable project completion: a Microsoft survey showed that when 60% of a team is
Microsoft-certified, 80% of projects are delivered on time and within budget, compared to just 40% when
only 25% of the team is certified.
- Gaining certifications can be aligned to performance-related pay.
- Certification ensures that knowledge has been retained.
- Greater customer satisfaction (internal and external customers).
- Lower staff turnover.
A professional certification sets a person apart as someone who is exceptional, who really knows his/her job.
Gaining a professional certification is not easy - but then again, it is not meant to be. Sixty four per
cent of IT recruiters rate certifications as having extremely high or high value in validating the skills
and expertise of job candidates. (CompTIA, Employer Perceptions of IT Training and Certification, January
2011). Some of the benefits to individuals include:
- Certified people are more employable: according to an IDC white paper, "Sixty-three percent of hiring
managers believe certified individuals are more productive than their non-certified counterparts."
- You could earn more: a survey of MCPs by IDC found that 43% got a pay rise after gaining their
- Some certifications make you part of a professional network, for example, Microsoft Certified
Professionals belong to a community that only they can access.
Professional certifications (whether IT or not) have been with us more than two decades - and, during that
time, there has been considerable research undertaken to assess the benefits of certification.
Key findings from 'Measuring the pulse of the IT industry' - research undertaken by CompTIA:
- 56% of managers consider CompTIA certification to be an important factor when hiring people and 34% go
as far as to require it.
- 53% of managers would offer a higher salary to a job candidate with CompTIA certification.
- 74% of managers say that CompTIA certification is an important factor in considering a person for
- 78% of managers believe that CompTIA certification is an important step in validating an employee's
- 53% of managers feel that having CompTIA-certified employees makes the organisation more attractive to
business partners and clients.
- A help desk with certified professionals can handle 11% more phone calls and 28% more field service
calls, with a lower staff turnover rate (16% versus 24%).
- Fewer certified staff are required to manage a network, resulting in lower salary costs.
Key findings from 'Financial Benefits to Supporters of Microsoft Professional Certification', a report by
market research company IDC:
- Companies with Microsoft Certified Professionals experienced shorter server downtimes and greater
productivity in the help-desk function, which more than paid for the direct and indirect costs
associated with certification.
- The cost of certification in an average organisation is recouped in about four months. Its supporting
survey showed that Microsoft Certified Professionals are more productive than non-certified support
Key findings from an IDC study, 'Benefits and Productivity Gains Realised through IT Certification':
- Certified professionals handled 40% more support calls per person, per day, than non-certified staff.
- Companies that advocated for certification reported 49% less downtime than companies that did not.
- For the majority of companies, the savings from increased effectiveness paid the costs of certification
in fewer than 9 months.